Women's Sami Pyramid Reindeer Bangle - Sandblasted Gold Vermeil
Made in collaboration with Sami artisans who inhabit the Arctic circle, this Women's Sami Pyramid Reindeer Bangle features hand-carved reindeer antler pyramid-shaped cabochon, etched with the ancient Samipatterns ofreindeer, stags, birds, fish, sun, moon and stars and inlaid with india ink to bring out the design.
Reindeer antlers are shed naturally and harvested once a year. Sixten, renowned Sami artisan, isa true craftsman with over 40 years experience in shepherding and scrimshaw carving.Reindeer horn cabochon is set into a silver bangle, which is then sand-blasted and gold plated to give the piece a modern, luxury finish.
This lovely handcrafted bangleoffers a modern twist on ancient Sami style, while producinga luxurious, beautiful and sustainably-sourced wardrobe accessory.
- Features 100% recycledand reclaimed materials
- AncientSami patterns printed with india ink
- Adjustable bangle
- Reindeer horn cabochon set onto silver bangle
- Sandblasted and gold plated for modern, luxury finish
- 18 carat gold vermeil overlaid on recycled silver base
- Color: gold
- Materials:recycled silver, gold vermeil, sustainably-sourced reindeer horn, india ink
- Dimensions - bangle diameter: 2.2" (5.6cm); reindeer cabochon atwidest point: 0.79" (2cm) and sits 0.63" (1.6cm) above wrist
- Price: $285
- Made to order
- 100% handcrafted inLondon, England
- Ships worldwide
For every purchase, a portion of the proceeds goes to The National Wildlife Federation -a conservation group which unites individuals and businesses to protect wildlife, wild places and the environment.
- Vermeil is a French word, now commonly used in the English language. It became a popular term in the 19th century as an alternative to the term silver-gilt.
- Vermeil is a combination of Sterling Silver with a layer of gold on top. To be considered vermeil, the gold must be at least 10-carat and be at least 1.5 micrometers thick.
- Any other metal plated onto Sterling Silver cannot be called vermeil. No 13 plates their sterling silver jewelry pieces with either 22-carat or 18-carat gold and 3 microns thick to make sure it lasts for a very long time if properly cared for.
- Oxidized silver is sterling silver that has been through an oxidization process so that it turns black. It is not a permanent coloring and does wear off over time, especially when it gets wet. No 13 offers a re-oxidization service for USD$15 (å£10) plus delivery for any number of pieces.
- $10 flat rate shipping on worldwide orders for allNo 13 products.
- Items ship from London,England via Royal Mail.
- Each item is handcrafted and made to order.
- Please allow 5 business for processing.
- Please allow 7 business daysfor delivery to the U.S. and rest of world orders.
- For U.K.-based orders, please allow one business day for delivery
- Tracking info and signature confirmation is included.
- All items are sent securely in No 13 branded box, contained in a plain padded envelope.
- Jetset Times SHOP nor No 13 are liable for damage incurred to goods in transit, for non-delivery, or any loss or damage to items. Customer becomes owner of the goods onceit'sbeen dispatched to you.
- Any import duties, sales taxes or other import costs incurred at the point of entry into the destination are responsibility of the customer.
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we are happy to offer a 14 day full refund and exchange policy.
- All items must be returned in their original, unworn condition.
- We will not exchange goods that have been worn, do not have their original packaging or show signs of wear. In this instance the goods will be returned to the buyer at their own cost.
- Exemptions from refund policy include: commissioned bespoke jewelry, earrings (due to hygiene reasons) and any customized jewelry (chain length, sizing, different gemstones etc).
- When ordering rings, it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that they have ordered the correct size. A ring ordered in the incorrect size can be (but not always) re-sized, but this will be subject to a charge.
- Return shipping is responsibility of customer. It's recommended to include tracking info for return shipping.
- Any refunds will be processed within 28 business days of receiving the returned item.
- If you would like to return your item for whatever reason or have any questions, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, details of the product, reason for return and whether you'd like to receive a refund or replacement.
Late & Lost Deliveries
- We cannot refund or replace lost items until 20business days after the date of dispatch (30 days for international items), this is when Royal Mail classes items as being lost.
- When items are sent to another country, your parcel is often handled by more than one postal service. Unfortunately that means delivery problems are more likely.
- The actual delivery of the item will be the responsibility of the postal service in the country the items are going to.
- Delays can often be caused by customs checks, which can sometimes take up to 1-2 weeks.
- Items not received but tracked as being delivered often happens when items are delivered to places of work. In some cases, your item might have been delivered to a colleague or post room within your company and someone else will have signed for it. In these cases for a small charge, you can request a proof of delivery certificate from Royal Mail (www.royalmail.com) by filling in a signature request form.
- Please note that we do not refund or replace items that are tracked as being delivered. For this reason, we always recommend that you get items delivered to your home address. No 13or Jetset Times SHOP cannot be held responsible for goods that are lost or delayed in transit.
- If your order is returned to us because the courier or postal service could not complete the delivery to you for whatever reason, then you will be responsible for the repeat delivery costs.
"Inspired by nature and indigenous people, No 13 creates handmade, designer jewelry from recycled materials and ethically-sourced gemstones - welcome to our world of ethical luxury.
We work with indigenous artisans who live in some of the remotest and endangered places on the planet to bring you the most original and contemporary designs.
Our values include sustainability, social responsibility, excellence and integrity ‰ÛÒ with all our pieces being made from recycled silver and gold, reclaimed materials, ethically-sourced gemstones and our eco-friendly, recycled packaging.
Our first collection was inspired and handmade in collaboration with Sami Artisans who inhabit the Arctic Circle. Our aim was to create a modern twist on ancient Sami styles, and in doing so make something luxurious, beautiful and sustainably-sourced.
Reindeer antlers are shed naturally and harvested by the Sami people once a year. You can see our Sami carver at work along with his beautiful herd of reindeer above. Sixten is a true craftsman with over 40 years experience in reindeer shepherding and scrimshaw carving. He hand carves each reindeer antler cabochon to our specifications, then etches with ancient Sami patterns and inlays with india ink and silver to bring out the detailing.
As this collaboration is with an indigenous culture that is heavily affected by our actions on the planet, a percentage of the profits are donated to the National Wildlife Federation - a conservation group which unites individuals and businesses to protect wildlife, wild places, and the environment.
We hope you enjoy wearing our jewelry as much as we did making and creating it for you."